To install Koha for immediate use we recommend
- A Linux server – Debian is what most people use
- MariaDB or MySQL
- Root access to the server
- A better than average level of skill with the command line, Apache, and MySQL tools
For more information on system requirements and recommendations refer to our wiki.
Koha is free software and is licensed under the GNU General Public License, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version
We aim to release 3 versions of Koha each month. See the release schedule for more information.
Installing – Current Release
Use the following guide to install Koha
Installing with Packages (Debian/Ubuntu)
Koha packages are supported for the following OS releases:
- Debian 10/11 (Buster/Bullseye)
- Ubuntu 18.04/20.04/22.04 (Bionic/Focal/Jammy)
Packages are preferred where feasible, but if you want to run Koha on something else:
Current Stable Release (.tar.gz)